Wednesday 19 June 2013

The positives...

Well, in my last blog post, I said that the next would be a bit more positive... I found out my racing number is 79, I never thought I'd get such a low number in the Parish Walk, but I have, sounds like such an insignificant thing, but I'm really pleased with it!

Injury update: After aggravating my groin whilst training on Sunday, I'm resting all week, which has to be a positive. My confidence has taken a hit though, as I want to give myself as much time as possible to let the injury sort itself, so decided I should take it easy up until the last minute i.e. the start line on Saturday. Fingers crossed I can get out of the NSC pain free!

I've checked the weather forecast and initially thought "this doesn't look good", but then had a zen like thought... You can change a lot of things, but you can't change the weather, so don't let it bother you. In wet weather positivity will be the key, I'm sure that there will be times during the race that I will want to give up and get in my support car, but the crew have been told that if I say I want to quit, then they must drive off and not let me pack it in.

Probably a good time to introduce my back up crew for #TeamCallow79 (get it trending people!):

Janet Callow (my mum) and Jo Healey (my sister) are taking the day shift and Emma Callow (my wife) and Jennie Walker (my sister-in-law) will be looking after me through the night (and early morning I hope?!). They were all involved with my back up in 2011, so the interview process for select my crack team didn't take very long at all. Just want to say a big thank you to them for volunteering, it's not going to be the most glamorous of jobs, but I couldn't do it without them.

I'm off now to put the kids to bed and make my dinner. Get yourselves rested up and "always look on the bright side of life"...



No comments:

Post a Comment