Tuesday 18 December 2012

The best of intentions...

This last week I recieved a slap on the wrist... my training was postponed due to a number of reasons:

1) My daughter's 4th birthday
2) Babysitting (although I think that when they are your own kids, it's called parenting?!)
3) Wet weather
4) Christmas night out

All of the above are valid reasons for not training, but only two of them are good ones (I'm sure you can work out that it's reasons 1 and 2 that I'm talking about).

Rain is not good, whilst it helps the flora and fauna to grow, it causes me to be miserable and usually cold! I am yet to be involved in a Parish Walk where the weather has turned to rain for a long period of time (touch wood), but if I did, I would have to question how long I would last. Whilst I know I'm not going to melt when I come into contact with water, I hate the feeling of having wet trainers and this is sure to lead to blisters (which I hate even more!). So I'm putting my request in to Michael Fish, Wincey Willis and all of the other meteorologists out there... please show a big sunshine on 22nd and 23rd June 2013?!

Christmas night's out can be hazardous to any training regime, especially as it can cause you to miss out on more than one days worth of training (well that was certainly the case for me)! We now have 6 more sleeps until Christmas, and one more Christmas night out before December 25th, so it might be worth postponing any plans I have to clock up some miles until after Santa has visited?

I'd like to wish all who read my blog a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. Ha ha! Be careful what you wish for! Personally I didn't blister at all in 2008 or 2012 but have managed at least one every other year.

    Whilst I too would hope for half decent weather, another 2010 would be tough going, I can assure you.

    ReplyDelete